When you’ve got work to do, deliveries to make and communities to serve, a LUVERNE Grip Step™ rear step provides enhanced functionality, safety and ergonomics on your commercial or cargo van. This rear van step features fleet-approved traction, a highly non-corrosive construction and a vehicle-specific fit.
A rear step is ideal for delivery vans, ambulances, cargo vans and more — any full-size worker van that frequently utilizes the rear cargo area. Similar to a step bumper or hitch step, the rear step provides a non-skid stepping surface for easier entry and exit from the back of the van. However, rear steps are more ergonomic and more functional than step bumpers and hitch steps, particularly on work vans and delivery vehicles that demand constant access to the trunk area.
Like our Grip Step™ running boards, this Grip Step™ rear step is engineered for fleet vehicles, hardworking cargo vans and tough jobs. It features expanded metal treads the lock onto your boots and provide unparalleled traction in sunshine, rain, sleet or snow. The treads are also longer-lasting compared to plastic treads, resisting wear with greater integrity. Also unique to this style of step is the open tread design. This allows dirt, snow and debris to get knocked off your boots and pass through the running board, keeping the interior of your van cleaner and more professional.
Grip Steps‚Ñ¢ are geared for safety and functionality. As such, they feature a generous 7″ width, providing a comfortable step every time you enter or exit the vehicle. The 7″ wide surface is also completely covered with the expanded metal pattern, offering safe, solid footing no matter where you step. This rear step measures 54″ long to cover a large portion of the vehicle’s width.
This Grip Step™ rear cargo van step is constructed for rigorous conditions and harsh elements, featuring a powder-coated aluminum build. The use of aluminum alloy ensures a lightweight design with ample strength to provide a dependable step every time. Unlike steel, lightweight aluminum promotes better gas mileage and longer life for the vehicle, keeping off unnecessary weight. Aluminum is also highly resistant to corrosion, and with the additional powder coat finish over the top, this rear step is fully suited for any type of weather, in any season. Grip Steps‚Ñ¢ also come with hard black plastic end caps for a professional finishing touch and to eliminate any sharp corners on the metal step.
Also like our Grip Step™ running boards, all LUVERNE rear steps are made for vehicle-specific installation. This ensures that you get a custom fit on your cargo van without the headache of tedious modifications to the vehicle. The brackets are fully customized to fit a unique vehicle application. This particular rear step is designed to fit certain years of the Ram ProMaster 1500, 2500 and 3500 (see application information to verify that it will fit the year, make, model and style of your cargo van).
This Ram ProMaster rear step comes with mounting brackets and hardware to fully complete the installation. The brackets are made from steel for dependable rigidity, and they are covered in a powder coat finish for long-lasting rust resistance. The brackets also use stainless steel fasteners to bolt onto the boards for additional rust prevention.
NOTE: Installation of this rear step may interfere with rear-facing cameras, sensors or a rear mount trailer hitch, if installed.
- Provides a convenient 54″ step on the rear of the van for accessing the cargo area
- Particularly useful for commercial vans that require frequent entry and exit
- Fleet-approved, expanded metal treads for maximum traction and safety
- Powder-coated aluminum construction to be strong, lightweight and rust-free
- Open treads knock dirt and snow off your boots to keep the van interior clean
- Smooth, rounded end caps eliminate sharp corners
- Easy installation with vehicle-specific mounting brackets
- Powder-coated brackets use stainless steel fasteners for secure board attachment
- Limited lifetime warranty (five-year finish, one-year parts)
- Assembled in USA
- Includes one rear running board and mounting hardware (shipped separately, some running board assembly required)
- May interfere with rear-facing cameras, sensors or rear mount trailer hitch
- Any Service Parts noted in the Installation Sheets are not for individual sale, for reference only
See more RAM ProMaster Rear Steps